CASE NO 5.
Here is a Leo Ascendant horoscope from a nadi text as discussed by sages.
- Goddess Parvati presents the following horoscope and asks sage Vasishta to delineate the same. Birth Nakshatra – Punarvsu 1st Balance of Jupiter Vimsottari dasa – 14y 11m 0 d.
- The Native: The sage leading the debate narrates the events as under. It is a male child. The street of birth is spread from north through west. The entry of the house is on the eastern side, called the direction of Lord Indra. There is a temple of Mother Kali riding on her vehicle lion in the western part of the street. On the northern side, a temple dedicated to the elephant faced god, Ganesha is located. Another temple dedicated to Lord Siva, adoring the crescent Moon, is in the southern direction, but in dilapidated state.
- It is a small village. The native is the third child of his parents. I shall now narrate many things concerning the parents, the native’s marriage, fortunes and the like.
- Maternal relatives: Firstly about the co-born of the child’s mother has three brothers and two sisters. All of them would be blessed with longevity. We shall tell all about these co-born in the later part of the nadi. O Mother listen to the qualities of the father of the being.
- Father: His physical complexion is dark-blue. He is a tiller by profession. He improves his landed properties and produces more grains. He is sweet in his speech. He behaves well with people. He does not want to bracket other’s wealth. He performs his undertakings successfully. He walks fast. He has two mother-in-laws. He speaks truth as well as does not desire evils to anyone. He is fond of other’s wife and he is devoted to karthikeya. The six-faced god. He earns a good respect from others and honors his guests.
- He has what is called as Brahma Rekha on his palm. He suffers from_____disorders. He is not cunning in disposition and does not ______ He has an attractive face, helps others and leads a _________
- The Native: Now some qualities of the native are mentioned. He ___Ke others and is devoted to Karthikeya. His education will be moderate level. He will provide food to others (I.e be generous). His complexion will be fair as a tender mango leaf. He will have some virtues as well as undesirable qualities. He brings everybody into his fold and ensure that they are favourable. He will have illicit association with women, will not have any ____fragrant flowers, will increase is quadrupeds and will get Upadesa (religious initiation) from his preceptor. He will have a status that will be appreciated by his kinsfolk. The native will not have any debts. He will have his own wealth that will cause surprise to others and he will improve them. He patronise his younger co-born and ensure that paternal virtues do not decline. He will help those in the grip of poverty and build many shrines and charm others into submission.
- Co-born: I shall now tell about his co-born. The native has three brothers. He has one younger brother and two younger sisters.
- Spouse: The native will marry at the age of 23. The bride will be from father’s kinsmen. She will be frank in disposition, will serve saints and follow the footsteps of her husband. She will have no co-born but will have a step-mother. She will be endowed with longevity but will predecease the native.
- Two marriages: Sage Atri interrupts to suggest two marriages for the subject as Ketu is in the 7th house which is aspected by Mars. At this stage, other sages ask Atri whether the first will be long lived or short lived. Sage Atri clarifies “She will be long lived and will not have a male child. Hence there will be a second marriage for the subject”.
- Sage Atri continues the debate. In his 36th year, the native will marry again. He will lose greatly on account of the deception. He will lose greatly on account of the deception. He will also beget auspicious effects. All this because of the aspect of Mars on the 7th
- The second wife is described thus. She will show care in her speech. She will be well-trained and skillful in speech. Others, be of good behaviors, will prosper and be compatible with the native.
- Progeny: The second wife will give birth to two sons and ___daughters all of whom will enjoy longevity. The first wife will bear three daughters. Male issues born to her will not survive and all further details will be given in the later part of the Nadi.
- Mother: The native’s mother will be fair in complexion and will be compatible to the native’s father and be modes. She will be kind to others, be irritated in speech but be instantly pacified and will have rheumatic diseases.
- She has no (full) co-born but a step-mother will have ___sons and a daughter. In her previous birth, the native was living happily with her husband and children. Then her fate struck her a severe blow. O Mother, listen to that account of a nest in an open hall of the house which was destroyed and the young birds in the nest died in the process, she did so in her early days of the previous birth. Other than this she did no other sinful act. In her last days she visited Sethu ( a shrine called Rameshwaram) and provided food to poor pilgrims. She predeceased her husband and now is the mother of the native in this birth. Because of the blemish she has now no (full) co-born. She will also have no male child born in the first instance. (I.e. prior to this native).
- Parent’s Death: The present native’s mother will die when he will be 47. During his 51st year, in Mercury dasa the native and his father will die.
- Prosperity: Now about the yogas of the present native. He will not incur poverty. Nor will be ever be in difficulty. He will possess flourishing landed properties. He has Chamara yoga, and Vesi Yoga as a result he will possess lands, servants, gardens, and will be attached to other’s women. He will have a highly prosperous family.
- Division: At the age of 24, his family will undergo a division. The ancestral properties will be split into four parts. In his 46th The younger brother will cause further split. During his 44th year, the native will inherit the properties of a paternal uncle.
- Death: He will dies in his 67th year with the Sun transiting Capricon on a Krishna Paksha Dasami (10th day of dark fortnight) and he will be re-born as a Brahmin.
- First Dasa: The present native has a balance of 14y 11m of the Jupiter dasa at the birth. In this dasa he will incur evils and diseases. He will acquire younger co-born who will be prosperous. Family of the quadrupeds will be destroyed in the first dasa. His parents will also undergo difficulties on account of illnesses.
The original readings end this. For the benefit of the readers, the following notes are given by me with relevant astrological theorems for certain important events mentioned in the Nadi. The paragraph numbers as given earlier are indicated below for east identification.
- Not the first child: The native is the third child, and not the first one. I give below some general hints whereby one will not be the first issue.
- The 11th from the ascendant or from the Moon is occupied or aspected by some planet (except Mars). The natal ascendants Navamsa is anyone between the 2nd and ____
Jupiter or the 11th lord.
- Jupiter or the 11th lord aspecting the 11th The lord of the 11th with strength like exaltation. The 11th lord conjoining the moon or the ascendant lord. The condition whether the elder co-born survive or not is a different matter.
- Paternal Uncles and Aunts: The 11th from the ascendant which is 3rd from the 9th rules the younger co-born of one’s father. In the native’s chart the Sun and the Moon are in the 11th house in aspect to the ____ ____relatives are endowed with longevity because the 6th lord is exalted. The 6th house riles the life span of paternal uncles and Aunts who are younger to father.
- Father: He is dark-blue (or say dark) in complexion because of the 9th lord Mars is with Rahu.
The good yoga described are due to the Jupiter’s aspect of the 9th lord Mars and the significator Sun.
Father has a step-mother. The 6th (indicating step-mother) house from the 9th house is the 2nd from the ascendant. The lord of the 2nd, Mercury is in the 12th in aspect to exalted Saturn. Truthful and Untruthful dispositions of father are due to Mars (9th lord) aspected by Jupiter and conjunct Rahu. In that order.
Father is fond of other women as Saturn aspects the 9th house.
The Native: Virtues are due to Jupiter aspect on the ascendant. Undesirable qualities are due to nodal relationship with the Mars in the ascendant. Illicit association with women are due to the Mercury in the 12th house aspected by the Saturn.
Increase in properties will occur due to the 4th lord being in the ascendant with Jupiterian aspect. A well placed Venus also aspects 4th from Taurus.
Religious initiation is due to exalted Saturn aspecting the 5th house, along with the aspects of the luminaries. Jupiter aspects the luminaries as well as Saturn, apart from ascendant. (The 5th house is the house of religious initiation, Deeksha, Vedic studies and the expertise in Mantra and other related Sastras.)
Jupiter’s connection with a node, when he is especially the lord of the 5th house. I.e for Leo and Scorpio ascendants, is an added advantage for spiritualism, study of occult subjects and ancient literature. This combination can somehow affect one’s offspring in some form or the other and can cause financial ups and downs to the native.
The current native received Upadesa (spiritual Initiation) because of Jupiter related to notes.
His status will be high because of the 10th lord’s position in the 10th and exalted Saturn’s aspect on the 9th house.
He will partonise his younger co-born because of Mars in the ascendant and an exalted planet in the 3rd house.
He will partonise his younger co-born because of Mars in the ascendant and an exalted planet in the 3rd house.
He has no elder co-born only means they will not survive. There should be two births prior to this native for he is the third issue of his parents. As narrated by the nadi, his mother’s sins caused her to lose her progeny.
His elder co-born will not survive because of the Martian aspect on the Jupiter, the significator for the older brothers and sisters. Mars becomes the maraka (or killer) for the elder co-born in the second from Mercury, the 11th lord.
Lord of the 12th Moon in the 11th house is not a welcome factor for the survival of the elder co-born. More over the position of the moon in the 11th house is a blemish for the well-being. The lord of 11th in the 12th is yet another.
Marriage at 23: The seventh lord exalted gives early marriage. He is aspected by Jupiter from the 7th house. But Jupiter’s aspect caused some blemish to the spouse in the form of absence of offspring. (First wife is denoted by 7th house). Saturn dasa Venus bukthi will operate at the time of the marriage. The period of a strong Venus in a suitable dasa can generally cause marriage.
Spouse: She is said to be long lived. Obedient to husband and will be able to give birth to a surviving male child. The native’s 2nd house the one that indicates about the life-span of the spouse. The Mercury ruling the 2nd is in the 12th in aspect to significator of ______, Saturn, who is in exaltation. Venus in own sign is also a factor. An obedient spouse is difficult to be understood with available data. Otherwise, Mars associated with the nodes and the ____ed to the 7th house should be a stigma.
She is not fortunate to have surviving male child. In a way this is said to cause delay in respect of birth of a son to the native. This connected with the nodes can cause some such disappointment for some time.
Whenever there is a powerful contact between the lords of 7th and the 11th, circumstances will lead to a second marriage ( or a concubine). In this case 7th and 11th lords are in mutual angles. The 7th lord aspects the 11th lord. Nodes occupy the ascendant and 7th ___ation to Mars.
In this case, the second marriage occurs in the first sub period of Mercury dasa, who is the ruler of the 11th house. Some texts treat the 9th house as the house of second marriage. In my experience, the 9th house has quite restricted effects in this regard as against the 11th house. The 9th lord aspecting the 7th house, when the horoscope has other Yogas for the second marriage, will strengthen the chance.
(a) Mother’s death: During the 47th year, the sub period of the Sun in Mercury’s dasa will be in operation. The sun assumes importance in this respect as he is with the moon, the significator of the mother. Mercury is at birth hemmed between the moon and the 4th lord Mars. Mercury being the lord of the 8th from Scorpio, rules the mother is also important in this context.
(b) Father’s death: This will occur when Mercury dasa is about to end. That is the subject will be in the facg end of the said dasa and Saturn bukthi. Mercury is hemmed between the Sun (signifies the father) and the 9th lord Mars. Saturn aspects the 9th at birth.
Mars, Sun and Moon surrounding the dasa lord Mercury is to be noted with special attention for this Leo native. Mars rules the 4th and 9th (Mother and father). The concerned significators are alone involved in the combination.
Family division: The 6th lord’s exaltation (not debilitation) brings some problems concerning the 6th house. It could be in the form of diseases, litigations, persistent and unnecessary controversies, family divisions, thefts and the like. In the present horoscope thefts and family divisions are indicated. Of course, Mars strong influencing the ascendant (or the 6th house) can also cause litigations’, thefts divisions, dangerous accidents etc.
Inheritances are also denoted for the subject native. The 8th lord’s connection with the Sun and Moon (I.e parents), and nodes (grand parents) may be noted. This yoga will pave way for some inheritance.
The middle of Venus dasa (at the age of 67) is said to be the Maraka perid for the native. This is a crucial issue for which we need complete data including longitudes of planets. However we can understand that the person will be in Venus dasa, Rahu bukthi. Rahu is in aspect to the 8th lord Jupiter. Both of them are in an angle from Venus and aspect the ascendants as well as its lord. (Rahu and Ketu have trinal aspects.) Venus is also the dispositor of the 7th lord Saturn, a killer or Maraka for Leo ascendant. When some dangerous combinations operate at an advanced age, they should be specially studied for ailments etc. If not as a specific yoga for causing death.