Iranganti Rangacharya is one of the oldest authorities on Jaimini alive today, born in 1927, he started astrology at the age of 25 in 1952. Later in 1960 he started meticulous study of Jaimini astrology & thus has 48 rich years of experience in Jaimini at this age of 81. Author of numerous articles since 4 decades, 9 books & an extremely humble soul who inspite of weak health contributes to the cause of Jaimini. His work Jaimini Sutramritam published by Sagar Publications, New Delhi is considered a classic by the serious student of Jaimini Astrology.
Jaimini Astrology – 8
Iranganti Rangacharya, India.
The readers have been acquainted with the determination of Atmakaraka in the 5th lesson. The sign occupied by Atmakaraka in the Navamsa is called Karakamsa. Now let us see the results on the basis of Karakamsa.
- If Aries becomes Karakamsa, there will be trouble from the rats or cats.
- If Taurus is Karakamsa, fear or gain quadrapeds is expected.
- If Gemini be Karakamsa, with an aspect of a benefic, corpulence may develop. By the aspect of a malefic to Gemini Karakamsa, one may suffer from eczema, itches etc.
- If Cancer becomes Karakamsa aspected by benefic planets, the native may suffere from dropsy or ascites. If it is aspected by malefics, the native may suffer from white or black leprosy.
- If Leo becomes Karakamsa, the native may suffer from dog-bite.
- If Virgo is Karakamsa, corpulence and itch may occur. If malefics aspect, fire-accidents may be apprehended.
- If Libra becomes Karakamsa, the native may live by business or may be clever in the affairs of sale and purchase
- If Scorpio becomes Karakamsa Karakamsa, in its first half ( 0o – 15o Atmakaraka) danger from water, in its second half (15o – 30o A.K.) danger from reptiles may be apprehended.
- If Sagittarius becomes Karakamsa, gradual fall from high places or vehicle may happen.
- If Capricorn becomes Karakamsa and it is aspected by aquatic planets, danger from leeches or crocodiles is shown. If aspected by the Khechara planets danger from birds or spirits may happen. If aspected by two malefics or more, the native suffers
- If Aquarius becomes Karakamsa, fall in still water or tank or well may have taken place or the native builds wells and tanks.
- If Pisces becomes Karakamsa, the native is virtuous and attains final emancipation of soul or moksha.
Results concerning the 2nd house of Karakamsa:
- If the Sun occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native leads a political life. If the Sun is exalted there, he becomes a Minister of High Government Official. If the Sun is debilitated there, he becomes a low Government servant or often gets defeated in politics.
- If the Full Moon and Venus occupy the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native is luxurious and erudite, earning buy the dissemination of knowledge to others. The Moon there is responsible for giving riches and luxuries while Venus is responsible for his earning by his scholarship. The quantum of the above results may vary according to the relative strengths of the Moon and Venus by their sign-placement and longitudes.
- If Mars occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make three fold prediction.
- Mars 0° – 10° = metallurgy, Chemicals etc.
- Mars 10° – 20° = wears a weapon by name Kunta
- Mars 20° – 30° = Goldsmithy, blacksmithy, cooking etc.
- If the native is a Brahmin, he may live by Paurohitya, cremation rites, homas yajnas etc.
- If Mercury occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make predictions as follows:-
- 0° – 7 ½° – Businessman.
- 7 ½° – 15° – Weaver, cloth merchant, or one connected with textile.
- 15o – 22 ½° – Sculptor
- 22 ½ ° – 30° – Litigant
If the native is a Brahmin, he may live by Paurohitya, cremation rites, homas yajnas etc.
- If Jupiter occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make the following predictions.
- 0° – 10° = man of action,
- 10° – 20° = man of wisdom
- 20° – 30° = scholar of Vedas.
- If Venus occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make the following predictions.
- 0° – 10° = politician or one who does Government job
- 10° – 20° = passionate, lascivious and goes after women.
- 20° – 30° = lives hundred year.
- If Saturn occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native makes his living by performing Yajnas or adheres to ancient customs or continues his ancestral vocation:
- 0° – 10° = ancestral vocation
- 10° – 20° = bodyguard or aide-de-camp
- 20° – 30° = thief or a cheat
- If Rahu occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa:
- 0° – 6° = ancestral vocation
- 6° – 12° = bodyguard or armed with bow
- 12° – 18° = thief
- 18° – 24° = druggist or doctor dealing with poisonous drugs.
- 24° – 30° = service in factories in the manufacture of machines.
- If Ketu occupies the 2nd house from Karakamsa, make two predictions.
- 0° – 15° = trade of elephants
- 15° – 30° = thief
- If Saturn and Rahu occupy the 2nd house from Karakamsa, the native always chews betel leaves or sells them.