In Bhaskara’s Bhava Deepika, it is said that a benefic in the 10th is necessary to perform religious sacrifices leading to Moksha. Guru in the 10th makes one a Gnani (knowledge man) but Ketu in 10th can advance the native further after real knowledge, devotion and yogik action leading to ultimate salvation, that is, while the theoretical part of spiritualism is governed by Jupiter, the practical side of spiritualism is dominated by Ketu.
In Sarvagna Bhushana, a powerful benefic in the 10th house inclines one to look at the various positions from the spiritual angle and realize the worthlessness and instability of the various things and enjoyments on the earthly planet and develops a renouncing spirit which is called Gnana. Malefics in the 10th house makes on look from a materialistic angle. Benefic in the house when powerful (positional strength, varga strength and Avasta strength) leads one to higher thinking.
Kamadehenu Yoga is caused when the 11th lord occupies a kendra and the native is revered by kings, own women and is intelligent – Vasista Jataka
It should be noted that yogas are caused only when the concerned yoga karaka planets are unafflicted.
When the 5th lord attains a kendra, Padmaraga yoga is caused. This makes one annihilate enemies. – Vasista Jataka
Priyamruti yoga is caused when the 7th lord aspects the 8th lord. The native will become a widow in the dasa of the 8th lord
When the 10th lord obtains a kendra and aspected by a benefic this yoga called Suprajata Yoga is caused. The native will enjoy life well and becomes a famous – Vasista Jataka
The lords of 5th and 6th in conjunction occupying the 3rd bhava, confers this yoga called Saradeepa Sakti Yoga. These people are insignificant, they suffer many sided agonies, they cannot live in their own houses. These results are severe for persons born in Kanya Lagna.
Ashtakvarga related Yoga – Veena Yoga
This yoga relates to Astaka varga. The bindus in the 12 houses should be divided into three parts. Commencing from Pisces upto Gemini, the total number of bindus constitutes the second part. From Cancer to Libra, the total constitutes the 2nd Part. From Scorpio to Aquarius, the total constitutes the 3rd part. When the bindus in the first part are much more than that of the 2nd and 3rd, this yoga is caused. These natives will enjoy much fortune in the beginning. In the middle age, it will be lessened and in the 3rd part of life, they enjoy little comforts.
SB 7.7.51-52: My dear friends, O sons of the demons, you cannot please the Supreme Personality of Godhead by becoming perfect brahmanas, demigods or great saints or by becoming perfectly good in etiquette or vast learning. None of these qualifications can awaken the pleasure of the Lord. Nor by charity, austerity, sacrifice, cleanliness or vows can one satisfy the Lord. The Lord is pleased only if one has unflinching, unalloyed devotion to Him. Without sincere devotional service, everything is simply a show.
SB 7.7.53: My dear friends, O sons of the demons, in the same favorable way that one sees himself and takes care of himself, take to devotional service to satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is present everywhere as the Supersoul of all living entities.
SB 7.7.54: O my friends, O sons of demons, everyone, including you (the Yakshas and Rakshasas), the unintelligent women, sudras and cowherd men, the birds, the lower animals and the sinful living entities, can revive his original, eternal spiritual life and exist forever simply by accepting the principles of bhakti-yoga.
SB 7.7.55: In this material world, to render service to the lotus feet of Govinda, the cause of all causes, and to see Him everywhere, is the only goal of life. This much alone is the ultimate goal of human life, as explained by all the revealed scriptures.
But these are all dravyayajnas i.e. yajnas involving wealth and are very inferior to the dnyanayajnas or yajnas of knowledge. (4:157-158) – Dyaneshwari by Saint Dyaneshwar in his exposition of Gita.
In Jupiter’s 6th round when Jupiter touches Ketu, death of the native is denoted.
– Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry.
Jupiter retrograde in a birth chart says that the life of the native will develop in a different place other than his home town or birth place – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry.
Saturn retrograde in a birth chart says that the native will have a good development in profession and good income in other places than his home town. – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry.
In a female horoscope when Mars contacts Rahu or Saturn before touching Venus marriage will be delayed. – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
Jupiter in his 3rd round when he touches the 3rd house lord or the planet in the 3rd house from Jupiter in the birth chart, the native will face lot of problems. This effect will be worse when the 3rd house lord or the 3rd house has a malefic in it, but when Sun aspects the 3rd house the effect in it will reduced to a maximum extent – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
The planets in the 7th house to Jupiter tells about the natives friends and when Jupiter in his rounds of transit touches Sun or is in the 7th house to Sun the native will be getting good name and fame. – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
When Saturn touches/sees Rahu in his 1st round of transit, that is the age of beginning of the profession/ business for the individual. – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
The age of profession/business is known by the number of signs between Saturn and Rahu or at times Venus, the time taken by Saturn to reach Rahu in the birth chart is the age of profession (count the number of signs and multiply by 2.5 that is the age of profession/business) – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
When Jupiter touches Venus in his rounds of transit it shows the native will get money as Venus is the significator of money
When Jupiter touches Sun, native will earn some good name and fame.
When Jupiter in his first round of transit touches Dragons Tail that is the year of danger for the individual
In the 4th round of Jupiter’s transit development of house/landed property is denoted.
The 5th round of Jupiter is for children and their developments or fall back whereas the 6th round of Jupiter denotes the dangers to the native himself
When Saturn in transit sees the 8H from Sun or the planets therein or sometimes the lord of the 8th house from Sun, then death or troubles to the native’s father is denoted.
When Saturn in transit sees the 8H from Moon or the planets therein or sometimes the lord of the 8th house from Moon, then death or troubles to the native’s mother is denoted.
When Saturn in transit sees the 8H from Jupiter or the planets therein or sometimes the lord of the 8th house from Jupiter, then death or troubles to the native’s is denoted.
Jupiter in Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces, the life of the native will be very good only after 41 years of age.
Jupiter having no planets in the 4 consecutive houses the life of the native is a misery.
See where Mercury is in a chart, if from Mercury there are malefics then the education of the native is not smooth and sometimes not complete. If from between Mercury to Jupiter is there is no planet then there is smooth and complete education
The 10th house or 10th lord from Saturn shows the profession of the native. At times it would be the 2nd house or 2nd lord from Saturn that would determine this.
When Saturn in transit sees the 8H from Venus or the planets therein or sometimes the lord of the 8th house from Venus, then death or troubles to the native’s wife is denoted. This will be especially true if it is the 2nd or the 3rd round of transit of Saturn.
In the 2nd round of Jupiter when it touches/aspects strongly Venus then the native will get married.
Jupiter in Cancer for a female native indicates she will suffer lot of humiliation and problems in her life. – Bhrighu Nadi Sangraha by N.Srinivasan Shastry
Jupiter touches Venus or the 7th house lord from Jupiter, that year the native will get married.
If 7th house lord of Jupiter is aspected or associated with Rahu then native can have 2 marriages.
If the 5th sign from Jupiter is a watery sign then native will have trouble getting issues.
Jupiter in Capricorn and Moon in Sagittarius then native will earn in foreign countries.
If Jupiter is in Suns debilitation sign then native’s father will have lot of problems at the time of birth of the native.
Bad Years for Marriage by Late B.D.Dhanwantari
1. If Jupiter is in Ascendant then marriage done before the age of 22 will be the most fruitful and better.
2. Sun is in Asc and 7H is empty then one should marry before 24th year.
3. Moon in Asc then marriage done at the age of 24 destroys the mother and wealth.
4. If Moon is in the 7H then marriage done at the age of 24 or 25 gives bad results
5. Venus in Asc then marriage done at the age of 24 or 25 destroys the woman and wealth.
6. If Venus is in the 4th house then marriage done at the age of 22, 24,29,32,39,45 is considered inauspicious and there would be chances of more than one marriage.
7. If Venus is in the 7H then marriage should be done after the age of 25
8. If Venus is in the 5H then one must not allow love marriage and if love marriage is done then his children won’t call him father.
9. If Venus is in the 8H and the 2nd house is empty then marriage should be done after 23/25 otherwise danger to life of the woman.
10. If Venus is in the 9H then marriage done at the age of 25 gives inauspicious results.
11. If Venus is in the 11H then during ones marriage one must donate a cow. By giving wealth equal to the price of a cow will not serve the purpose.
12. If Mars is in the 4H then marriage before 28th year will give death like troubles to the mother
13. If Mer is in the 12th house then if one marries at the age of 25 then mother father will become sad in life.
14. In ones horoscope if Mercury is in the 6th house then he should not get his sister married in the north direction (sisters husband should not be from the north direction)
15. If Saturn is in the 6th house then before 28 years of age he should not marry otherwise mother, wife and children will get some troubles.
16. If Saturn is in the 7th house then marriage should ideally be done before 22nd year otherwise troubles to the eyes can happen if other factors also indicate
17. If Rahu is in the 7th house then if marriage is done in the 21st year then it will not be a successful marriage.
18. If Sun and Venus are conjoined then from 22nd to 25th year if marriage is done then it gives inauspicious results.